Life is though, and not often as easy as seen in the movie.
In reality, we are likely to encounter a whole lot of challenges that might trigger the feeling to give up. When such feelings strike, always remember that these quotes about perseverance in the face of adversity will encourage you never to give up.
Whether you are looking for military quotes about perseverance or motivational quotes to persevere and stay positive through tough times, you will find our collation of inspirational quotes encouraging.
These perseverance quotes are collated from authors of different motivational books, celebrities, teachers, and philosophers who have achieved success through determination and strength that emanates from faith and perseverance quotes.
- “A difficult life spent in hard work, perseverance, and courage will pave the way for a life of true greatness!”― Avijeet Das
- “Be persevering at the bottom, humble at the top.”― Maxime Lagacé
- “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” ― Charles Spurgeon
- “Don’t give up in times of difficulty. Persevere on as there will be an end to these.” – Edward Dunedin
- “Dream after dream comes true—or rather is made true by persevering effort.”― L.M. Montgomery
- “Everything that I’ve ever been able to accomplish in skating and in life has come out of adversity and perseverance.” – Scott Hamilton
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
- “I am very proud of my mom and consider her the most courageous woman I know. With perseverance, sacrifice, and hard work, she raised a family of Olympic athletes and gave us the tools and the spirit to succeed. That is something that my brothers and I will always be thankful for.”―Diana Lopez
- “I have never had to face anything that could overwhelm the native optimism and stubborn perseverance I was blessed with.”― Sonia Sotomayor
- “If four things are followed – having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance – then anything can be achieved.”―A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins- not through strength but by perseverance.” – H. Jackson Brown
- “Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.” – Gillian Anderson
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”― Marie Curie
- “Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place – that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have the perseverance to realize the great life.”― A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- “No one succeeds without effort… Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.”―Ramana Maharshi
- “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.”―John Quincy Adams
- “Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragement, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.”― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Perseverance is a virtue that cannot be understated.” – Bob Riley
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” – Walter Elliot
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” ~Newt Gingrich
- “Perseverance is the mother who snuggles her children when they are impatient. Keep calm, everything will be solved. Keep persisting, go ahead.”― Alan Maicon
- “Perseverance is the secret of all triumphs.” – Victor Hugo
- “Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and above all love.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “So, what does perseverance mean? It means that one possesses persistence, tenacity, determination, and staying power. This in turn means, when applied to a problem or issue that needs to be resolved, that the individual never gives up, never quits and never sees defeat until the problem, challenge, project, the obstacle is resolved to a satisfactory level.” Byron Pulsifer
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.”―Sun Yat-sen
- “The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it.”―Kalpana Chawla
- “Through hard work, perseverance, and faith in God, you can live your dreams. Ben Carson
- “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “To persevere in one’s duty and be silent, is the best answer to calumny.” – George Washington
- “To persevere with the will to understand in the face of obstacles is the heroism of consciousness.”― Nathaniel Branden
- “We truly believe with hard work, dedication, and perseverance, we can become the best at what we do. No one wants to become mediocre.”―Andy Biersack
What is a quote for perseverance you like the most from our list, and which would you like to add? Leave it in a comment below.