Looking for what to say to inspire students? Search no further for we have prepared the best list of quotes for students that will encourage them to work hard studying.
Students spend most of their time with teachers and that’s why teachers have incredible roles in building the mindset of her students. Words of encouragement for students from teachers can inspire the students to stay positive through difficult moments in school and improve their classroom performances.
The quotes contained are carefully selected from popular sayings of; great teachers, great books, and top students who made huge academic success despite the challenges they faced in the past. The students’ quotes images on this page are printable and suitable for placement at strategic positions in the classroom where your students would see it day in day out to always remind them to do their best.
Tips for sharing motivational students quotes
Positive quotes for students are powerful to make a student feel uplifted, regain strength and confidence to take that bold step everyone will be proud of. The following tips will help boost your student’s understanding of your choice of quotes and encourage them to keep going.
Add explanation: Pick some quotes from the list and analyze them, find meaning in them which your students can easily relate with. Follow the quote with explanations beneath it when you write those words out on a poster or on the wall.
Order of placement: There are some quotes despite been said by different persons that will form almost a chain to convey powerful meaning. This can be done in relation to the activities going on in the classroom so that every student can find a positive word about any task they’re to complete.
Say a story: Stories can be used to back a quote, and a quote can add more meaning to a story. Every quote said has a story behind it, if you can dig it out for your students, they will know more of the reasons for the quote and this could be the best thing you will ever do for a child who needs the motivation to study hard.
Furthermore, educational quotes can be centered on life after college, embracing failure, the importance of education, hard work, learning and testing, school-themed phrase or sayings that encourage positivity among students.
So, let’s dive in and share some quotes that will make students find schooling interesting despite their tight academic calendar, tests, and other extracurricular activities.
Best inspirational quotes for students
We didn’t just stop at carefully selecting the most popular words of encouragement for students, we made sure they’re well placed on free printable motivational posters for classroom, simply save and print the ones you love the most.
- “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”— Henry Ford
2. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and made things happen.”— Elinor Smith
3. “It’s not just about looking and copying, it’s about feeling too.”— Paul Cezanne
4. “Learning is never done without errors and defeat.”— Vladimir Lenin
5. “One must have strategies to execute dreams.”— Azim Premji
6. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” — Helen Hayes.”
7. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”— Henry B Adams
8. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.”— David M. Burns
9. “All things good to know are difficult to learn.”— Greek Proverb
10. “Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.”— Maya Angelou
11. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”— Albert Einstein
12. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”— Wayne Dyer
13. “Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.”— Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
14. “Change is the end result of all true learning.”— Leo Buscaglia
15. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”— Anthony J. D’Angelo
16. “Education cost money, but then so does ignorance.”— Claus Moser
17 “Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.”— Will Durant
18. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.”— Malcolm X
19. “Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten.”— B. F. Skinner
20. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.”— Jim Rohn
21. “Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.”— Albert Schweitzer
22. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.”— Victor Hugo
23. “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”— Mark Twain
24. “I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.” Walt Disney
25. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”— Ben Franklin
26. “If people did not do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.”— Ludwig Wittgenstein
27. “If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.”— Abraham Maslow
28. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.”— Jim Rohn
29. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”— Andy McIntyre
30. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.”— Epictetus
31. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”— Aristotle
32. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”— Mark Twain
33. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.”— Charles F. Kettering
34. “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.”— Chinese Proverb
35. “Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardour and diligence.”— Abigail Adams
36 “Learning never exhausts the mind.”— Leonardo Da Vinci
37. “Learning without thought is a labor lost, thought without learning is perilous.”— Confucius
38. “Man’s mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”— Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
39. “Nine tenths of education is encouragement.”— Anatole France
40. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement; nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”— Helen Keller
41. “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.”— Bill Vaughan
42. “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”— Zig Ziglar
43. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”— Arthur Ashe
44. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.”— B.B.King
45. “The Best way to predict your Future is to create it.”— Abraham Lincoln
46. “The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.”— Tom Bodett
47. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.”— Gloria Steinem
48. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg — not by smashing it.”— Arnold Glasow
49. “The modern world belongs to the half-educated, a rather difficult class, because they do not realize how little they know.”— William R. Inge
50. “The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn …and change.”— Carl Rogers
51. “The only real failure in life is one not learned from.”— Anthony J. D’Angelo
52. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” Mark Twain
53. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.”— Sydney J. Harris
54. “To teach is to learn twice.”— Joseph Joubert
55. “We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.”— Lloyd Alexander
56. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.”— Alfred Mercier
57. “Who so neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future.”— Euripides
58. “Whoever ceases to be a student has never been a student.”— George Iles
59. “You learn something every day if you pay attention.”— Ray LeBlond
60. “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step backward into safety.”— Abraham Maslow
61. “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”— Zig Ziglar
We hope you find interesting quotes for students from teachers, and inspirational quotes for students in college to work hard from our compilation. Are you a student? Let’s know what you’re studying and which quotes inspired you the most from the list.