What do you write in a Christmas card to someone special?
Christmas can be many things we understand. From finding the best Christmas decorations, perfect Christmas table setting, to making your favorite Christmas meal and reunite with your friends, family, and well-wishers all of which can make you feel excited or overwhelmed especially when Christmas is around the corner.
To make a perfect Christmas card amidst all the stress stemming from the Christmas Day preparations, you may need some inspiration to write the best wishes that will connect well with your loved ones and make them feel special this season.
Christmas is not all about the gifts but when paired with the right words, it will be cherished forever. Even if you are not sending a box this season, do not forget to send your heartwarming wishes on a card or via text messages to people you love. Words alone are capable to make people you share it with, be in the spirit of Christmas to express gratitude and spread the love this season. That’s why we have compiled over 60 Christmas card messages for the inspo you need.
Inspirational Christmas Card Messages
The best message for Christmas would have zero value without words that can inspire someone to understand the reason for the season – whether you are sending a small gift to your boss or need something inspirational to write for your sister, for friends, daughter, or for families in your neighborhood, you will discover ample inspiration from this section.
- May the true meaning of Christmas fill you with joy and happiness. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.
- May peace be with you and your family as we celebrate the commemoration of the birth of Baby Jesus. Happy Christmas to you.
- The best gift I have for you this season is my heartfelt wishes, may all the love of Christmas find you this season to make this festival remarkable.
- This time of year brings festivities and fun. It is a time for reminiscing and looking forward. Wishing you the best during this wonderful season!
- In this miraculous time of Christmas, may you see with the eyes of a child, feel the wonder of love, and genuinely enjoy all that Christmas has to offer.
- It feels good to be alive and witness another incredibly amazing season, to celebrate gratitude and spread love. Best wishes for Happy Holidays and a prosperous new year.
- May Christmas go away with all that didn’t go well in the year, and may the New Year give you more reasons to smile again. Happy Christmas Day to you!
- A friend is a gift you give to yourself. I have the best gifts ever and all I am happy about is celebrating this year’s Christmas with you. Happy Christmas, may the new year bring you fresh hopes and glorious beginnings.
- May your family be blessed like the family of Joseph, Jesus, and Mary. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- Let’s rejoice again for the season of Christmas is here. I can’t really express in words how lucky I am to celebrate this magnificent season with you. Best wishes for Christmas Holidays.
- May your family be filled with peace, love, and happiness, may the blessings of the birth of Jesus Christ shower on you. Happy Christmas and a promising new year.
- May this Christmas season bring your closer to all those that you treasure in your heart. Best wishes for Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Keeping Christmas is good but sharing it with others is the best. Happy Christmas and a magnificent New Year.
- May this be a year of celebration for everyone and may this season help you reunite with those whom you cherish so much. Merry Christmas to you.
- May this Christmas wash away your tears and open up new doors of happiness for you and the people around you. Happy Christmas dear.
- I don’t have much for Christmas, but all I have to say is, let Baby Jesus bless you with perpetual joy and happiness, this season and beyond.
- I hope Santa is good to you this year because you deserve the best. Merry Christmas from my family to yours.
- A little gift, an inspiring word, a bunch of love from someone near, and an alluring smile. Merry Christmas to you.
- Warm bear hugs, sweet kisses, and genuine wishes for the wonderful occasion of Christmas. May you have a great Christmas filled with lights, songs, and cheer. Merry Christmas and A Promising New Year.
- Despite the trying year, today we are gathered to celebrate the gift of Christmas, may the blessings of the season wipe away all our burdens and prepare us for greater celebrations next year. Merry Christmas.
Religious Christmas messages
So, what do you write on a religious Christmas card?
If you are trying to figure out Christian wordings or a good Bible verse for Christmas, search no further. We have got you covered with the best Christian Christmas messages and wishes from the biblical Christmas messages, Christmas quotes, to popular short religious Christmas sayings that will brighten the season and make it a remarkable holiday.
- God wants us to reach out to people today, just as he gave his only son for the redemption of mankind.
- May the love of our Savior be with you and your family, this season and beyond.
- May your Christmas be great as the reign of the Messiah?
- The true message of Christmas is not on the gifts, it is Christ’s presence found in us.
- Our hearts are filled with joy because of the birth of the messiah. May you be set free to explore and live the life of your dreams?
- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord – Luke 2:11.
- Thanks are to God for his inexpressible gift! – 2 Corinthians 9:15
- And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. Luke 2:10
Short Christmas wishes
Below are some ideas for what to write in a short and sweet Christmas card for that special person to feel the warmth of the season. Fortunately, these beautiful short messages can also be sent to friends over text or through social media, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Merry Christmas and best wishes for the year to come.
- May the season of Christmas bring you joy and happiness.
- From our family to yours, have a happy Christmas Day.
- Let is be a sweet December to remember.
- Let the Christmas Spirit inspire you to love more and give more selflessly.
- May you have enough reasons to smile this season.
- You’re part of what make this year great, merry Christmas to you.
- Having a friend like you is the best gift for Christmas.
- Hope you receive lots of gifts from Santa because you’re wonderful.
- Christmas is nothing without people like you around. Merry Christmas!
- Have a Merry Christmas and a promising new year.
- May Christmas bring you good memories, happiness, and laughter.
- Let’s forget about the trying year, Happy Christmas to you!
- May your Christmas be filled with cheers and a lot of surprises.
- The season of love and harmony is here again. Merry Christmas!
- May your home be filled with joy, love, and happiness this season.
- Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
- Wishing you a season full of fun and a new year of perpetual happiness.
- May your smile never fades, happy Christmas.
- I pray that this Christmas brings you unending bliss, peace, and growth.
Funny Christmas messages and wishes
Whether you are looking for funny wishes for coworkers or want to make your friends and family members laugh out loud this season, we have got you covered with the following ideas to make creative and incredibly funny Christmas card messages that will bring out your witty humor and make it easier to reconnect with everyone this season of Christmas.
- I hope you don’t want to skip Christmas Day celebration because of the huge credit card bills. Happy Charismas!
- Now you have some days off from work and enough time with family, I hope the kids don’t play and step on your head while you’re on the floor. Merry Christmas and a great new year.
- May you have plenty of mistletoe on hand this Christmas and lots of good hugs and kisses too.
- You have got a lot to do this Christmas to make it appear interesting and make everyone around you feel special with eye-catchy Christmas tree decorations, but hope you don’t get stressed out like Santa during late night. Merry Christmas.
- Happy holidays! May your eggnog contain enough rum to get you through the season of Christmas.
- Merry Christmas! May Santa fill your stocking with lots of cash instead of toys this season.
- Santa canceled my gift for being your friend as I tried to make him believe you have been good throughout this year.
- This Christmas is all about feeling special. I hope you spend this Christmas drinking to the point that you completely forget your worries.
- May you survive the boring Christmas speech of the priest in the church and be at the party with me ASAP.
- Christmas is a season of magic and mystery. Your credit card will get romanced than ever before. How awesome!
- Don’t appear in a red Christmas dress this season, even if you do, you won’t be addressed as Santa because you’re not the jolly old man from the North Pole. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
- You will understand why Christmas is full of wonders especially when all your savings disappear… That’s the Christmas magic lol! Merry Christmas.
- If you are seeing more than one Santa, you probably started drinking too early. Happy Christmas!
- Why does the wishes sound “Mary Christmas” instead of “Jesus Christmas”, I hope baby Jesus doesn’t get upset. Happy Christmas.
Whether it’s a handmade Christmas card, designed online using free Christmas card makers or you bought your cards from the store, and intend to attach a family photo or not, always remember to include seasonal closings because they’re a common Christmas card etiquette you shouldn’t leave behind when signing your cards. Below are examples of warm closing remarks for both professional Christmas messages and that of your family and friends;
- Best wishes
- With love
- Peace and joy
- Happy Holidays
- Merry Christmas
- Joy and happiness
- Hugs and kisses
- Happy New Year
- Warmest regards
- Bunch of love
- God bless
If you still need ideas for what to write in a Christmas card this year, check out these best Christmas quotes that are inspiring and will make everyone you share it with, get in the spirit of Christmas.
Send beautiful Christmas cards to people you are thankful for, having the reason for the season in mind. By the end of the day, you will discover how incredibly your heartfelt Christmas card messages made them feel much loved, cherished, and appreciated.
Even if you are far from family and celebrating this year’s Christmas alone, always remember that sending nice Christmas card messages for family and friends will help you reach out to your loved ones and reconnect while expressing gratitude. It will leave them with the best feelings ever as they will realize how much you’re thinking about them.
What are your best Christmas season messages and wishes perfect for a card from our list, do you also have some wishes and messages for the season you would like to share? Leave it in a comment below.