It is normal to be afraid but allowing fear to stop you from living the life of your dreams can be the worst thing you would ever do to yourself.
What is your greatest fear in life? Dying young, dying poor, not achieving a goal set before a deadline, among other reasons you may have that are capable to cause fear and anxiety, are normal feelings that come around because we are all humans and sometimes scared of what the outcome of our today might be tomorrow. But we must learn to face fear appropriately.
I still maintain that it is not totally bad to have fear, but a lot of the things you need in life are on the other side of fear. This alone, should inspire and motivate you to conquer fear.
So, how can one conquer fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of death, and push harder, smarter to achieve the greatness that lies beneath fear? Hence the need for quotes on overcoming fears.
Greatest fear quotes of all time
No matter what is happening right now in your life, I hope that the following quotes inspire and give you the courage to understand your fears and power to control and surmount your greatest fears today, to live life and make the most out of it.
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller
- “Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.”―Bill Cosby
- “Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it.”―Judy Blume
- “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.”―Yoda
- “Fear keeps us focused on the past or worried about the future. If we can acknowledge our fear, we can realize that right now we are okay. Right now, today, we are still alive, and our bodies are working marvelously. Our eyes can still see the beautiful sky. Our ears can still hear the voices of our loved ones.”―Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Have no fear of perfection―you’ll never reach it.”―Salvador Dali
- “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.”―Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”―Dale Carnegie
- “Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.’―Marie Curie
- “The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”―Nelson Mandela
- “The key to change… is to let go of fear.”―Roseanne Cash
- “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”―Marilyn Monroe
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”―Eleanor Roosevelt
- “But fear doesn’t need doors and windows. It works from the inside.”― Andrew Clements, Things Not Seen
- “Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”― Jack Canfield
- “Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Fear is an insidious and deadly thing. It can warp judgment, freeze reflexes, breed mistakes. Worse, it’s contagious.”― Jimmy Stewart
- “Fear is the thief of dreams.”― Brian Krans
- “First of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “He who has overcome his fears will truly be free.” ― Aristotle
- “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.”― Shannon L. Alder
- “Ignorance is the parent of fear.”― Herman Melville
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “Men are not afraid of things, but of how they view them.”― Epictetus
- “Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence.”― Rumi
- “No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.”― Edmund Burke
- “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”― Marie Curie
- “Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.”― Rudyard Kipling
- “The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.”― Joseph Campbell
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”― Plato
- “Without fear there cannot be courage.” ― Christopher Paolini