Ever answered the question “do you love yourself?” you can stand before a mirror to figure out what your answer is before continuing to read this article on self-love quotes.
The best quote for me is the quote that promotes a firm focus on self-love and happiness.
So, how do you begin to love yourself unconditionally?
To fall in love with yourself or to keep loving yourself, maintain a positive mindset by paying attention to the things that make you feel accomplished. Even if it has to do with complimenting yourself for the little and big things you’re able to do rightly.
Sometimes, finding inspiration and the motivation you need to fall in love with yourself can be challenging especially when there are unfavorable situations around you that only squeezes you to the corner where you end up saying “I hate my life”.
If you think you don’t have time for yourself, that you deserve some self-love, worry no further, you can find happiness in yourself again through the words of wisdom from various authors, philosophers, and therapists who have incredible experiences in better ways to develop long-lasting self-love for yourself.
23 Best inspirational self-love quotes
It’s important to love yourself because nobody else can love you the way you deserve true love and happiness for life. Whether you need inspiration for some personal quotes about yourself, looking for the best love yourself quotes for Instagram, the following quotes will inspire you to love yourself first and then spread the love.
1. “Love yourself for who you are, and trust me, if you are happy from within, you are the most beautiful person, and your smile is your best asset.” ― Ileana D’Cruz
2. “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally. ” ―Hannah Bronfman
3. “Love yourself. It is important to stay positive because beauty comes from the inside out.” ― Jenn Proske
4. “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” ― Kristin Chenoweth
5. “Life is not easy, we all have our battles, but it is important that you treasure yourself, love yourself, and have a sense of self-worth.” ― Heart Evangelista
6. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ― Lucille Ball
7. “If you want to love others, I think you should love yourself first.” ― RM
8. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” ― Zoe Kravitz
9. “Be beautiful, be stylish, and love yourself.” ― Karishma Tanna
10. “To tell the truth is to become beautiful, to begin to love yourself, value yourself. And that’s political, in its most profound way.” ― June Jordan
11. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” ― Roy T. Bennett
12. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” ― Ian Wallace
13. “Love yourself. Forgive yourself. Be true to yourself. How you treat yourself sets the standard for how others will treat you.” ― Steve Maraboli
14. “Encourage yourself, believe in yourself, and love yourself. Never doubt who you are.” ― Stephanie Lahart
15. “Forgiving yourself, believing in yourself, and choosing to love yourself are the best gifts one could receive.” ― Brittany Burgunder
16. “You have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else. Because it’s only when we love ourselves that we feel worthy of someone else’s love.” ― Alyssa B. Sheinmel
17. “Being transgender isn’t a medical transition. It’s a process of learning to love yourself for who you are.” ― Jazz Jennings
18. “Don’t forget to love yourself.” ― Soren Kierkegaard
19. “Laziness is my biggest pet peeve of all time. Get up, make a plan, do the work, and love yourself, people!” ― Dove Cameron
20. “It sounds like a cliche but I also learned that you’re not going to fall for the right person until you really love yourself and feel good about how you are.” ― Emma Watson
21. “You’ve got to love yourself first. You’ve got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.” ― Jennifer Lopez
22. “You can’t let someone else lower your self-esteem, because that’s what it is – self-esteem. You need to first love yourself before you have anybody else love you.” ― Winnie Harlow
23. “Your body is your body; it’s natural. Learn to love yourself for it.” ― Emily Ratajkowski
I hope these quotes inspire you to avoid self-abuse but focus on loving yourself first, this is not about being selfish, honestly, you can’t give what you don’t have. So, if you don’t love yourself, is it even possible to think about loving someone else?
Feel free to incorporate those words in your Instagram captions, as I leave you with the words of Maya Angelou, “NEVER make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option”.