What to do when you’re bored?
Most times it can be daunting to figure out what are some productivity tips or a list of things to do and beat boredom hands-down.
Boredom steals happiness and many people recently complained they’re bored especially during this unprecedented time of lockdown.
However, there’s always a way out as I will show you interesting and fun things to do when you’re bored at home, whether in school, on Facetime or at the workplace.
It is possible to get bored at any point in time most especially during this period of quarantine. I get surprised whenever I see people ask questions like “I’m feeling bored, what should I do?” probably because I have a bunch of engaging and fun things to do whenever I am bored. They’re on my fingertips and I will stop at nothing, making sure you have at least 100 things to do when you’re bored.
What to do when you’re bored for kids
If you’re searching for “what do 8-year-olds do for fun?” or “what can an 11-year-old do when bored at home?”, kindly search no further as this section is well-tailored to give you nice ideas on things tweens can try when they get bored at home. Whether it is a 10-year-old or a bored teenage girl at home, the following tips will be a good fit to keep busy.
- Indoor Obstacle Course
- Dress Up
- Sock Puppets
- Tea Party
- Sign a poem
- Play with siblings
- Do some painting
- Water play
- Play with your toys
- Watch cartoons
Things to do when you’re bored at home alone or with a friend
If you’re feeling bored at home alone, with kids, or with your friends, here are some fun things to do. It contains a mixture of productive things to do, entertaining, creative and relaxing things to do when you’re bored at the house whether in the day time or at night.
- Watch a new reality series
- Read some interesting books
- watch classic movies.
- Play video games.
- Solve a puzzle.
- Apply a soothing face mask.
- Take a bath.
- Go for a walk.
- Listen to a podcast.
- Practice yoga.
- Do some bakings (bread/cookies).
- Write a poem.
- Write a letter to your unborn child.
- Learn how to read tarot cards.
- Rearrange your closet.
- Learn a new skill from home (start a blog).
- Scrub your bathroom.
- Get yourself some cups of coffee.
- Listen to music/podcast.
- Make a cocktail.
What to do when you’re bored in class
Most students find it difficult figuring out productive things to do when bored at school, that’s why they complain school is boring. When you’re bored in class with a computer, here is a list of random things to do when you’re bored in class that won’t get you in trouble or better still, try these things when you’re free and in dare need of things to do in class to pass time.
- Make a sketch on your drawing pad.
- Try drawing a friend 🙂
- Make a to-do list.
- Write some fictions.
- Try breath-holding.
- Write a poem.
- Write a list of things you want to achieve in life.
- Imagine you’re a teacher.
- Create a comic.
- Check your pulse.
- Write a letter about your past.
- Imagine addressing the whole school.
- Write a letter to your future self.
- Make a list of karaoke songs you would sing for an award.
- Check your email using your school computer.
- Make a list of things you will do if you win a lottery.
- Do some simple maths puzzles.
- Create a new signature on your jotter.
- Draw your supper hero movie character.
- Learn other languages.
Things to do when you’re bored at night
The night is a time of rest as most people would be free from work, and you could be left with getting bored at night in your room alone.
Honestly, if you are staying alone, it can be hard to spend the night without getting bored.
When you are bored at home at night and everyone’s asleep, you could be trying to figure out what to do when you are bored at night and have to be quiet so you don’t disturb others who are asleep.
Obviously, no one wants to be lying in bed doing nothing for hours, just waiting to fall asleep. Here are the best ideas for things to do when you’re bored in your room.
- Re-evaluate your life goal.
- Fold papers into different amazing shapes (DIY).
- Look at the stars through your window and write a story about it.
- Make a list of people you will appreciate if you hit the lottery jackpot.
- Practice yoga.
- Read your favourite book.
- Start learning online.
- Do some room cleanings.
- Plan your next vacation.
- Cuddle your pet.
- Find a new hobby.
- Change your hair colour/paint your nails.
- Write a poem about the unfairness of life.
- Decorate your room with flowers.
- Make an escape plan.
- Write a book.
- Find out how to origami.
- Write out points to convince everyone that 47 is the most common number.
- Check your monthly income and expenditures.
- Listen to your favourite song or try writing a song.
- Do some random standup.
- Try spinning wheel.
Things to do when you’re bored on Facetime
If it is difficult for you to figure out what to do with a grandchild on Facetime or what you should do with your boyfriend on Facetime, then boredom will be inevitable. Feel free to try any of these interesting things to do on Facetime to kill boredom.
- Truth or dare
- Never have I ever
- Two Truth and A Lie
- Trivial Pursuit
- 20 questions game
- Read my lips
- Clap the song
- The alphabet game.
- Alphabet beat the clock.
- Virtual hide and seek.
- Would you rather games.
- Short story prompts.
Whether you’re looking for what to do when bored for guys or what to write when you’re bored inside, I hope you find this piece of post helpful.
Now that you have seen a list of relaxing and interesting things to do when you’re bored, is there some other things you do to keep yourself busy and kill boredom when you’re alone? I would like to know your opinion about my suggestions.